There has never been a better time to bring more life to more people.
We often talk about the reality that the followers of Jesus are the Church. From almost before the beginning of the spread of COVID-19 in our area, Journey people were serving and looking for more ways to serve. That's being the Church.
We've been able to hear stories and collect these ideas and we believe there is a God-shaped desire and ability in you to serve, love, and share Jesus in this time. Maybe some of these ideas, from fellow Journeyers, will connect with you or unlock a completely different idea in your heart.
- Call people you know who are most vulnerable in this time, and then keep calling. Needs change often. Today it could be nothing. Tomorrow it could be a desperate need for a new medicine or an item from the grocery store. Or just someone to talk to.
- Who needs food? Start small: Who needs it in your neighborhood? Your circle of friends? Colleagues? Then think about larger things like Hand2Hand (see more info below).
- Invite people to watch Journey services online with you (Sunday, 9:30am and 11am on Facebook and Church online). Watch with others online or in person. It may not feel like you’re serving, but being with other people is so meaningful in this time.
- Grocery shop/run essential errands for vulnerable populations - think of yourself as a "Journey Shipt" worker for people who really should not be going out and about!
- Pray for and encourage health care workers.
- Offer words of encouragement - who knows what the ripple effect of that will be.
- Lead with a smile. Your smile is medicine to someone right now.
- Reach out to someone and talk to them about non-virus related topics.
- Think about people now finding themselves in need of childcare and how you might help.
Many have asked about how to help with Hand2Hand. Here are a few ways we are continuing to provide students and families Hand2Hand food bags:
- We will offer a drive-thru pickup of Hand2Hand bags at the Middleville Location on Wednesdays and Fridays from 3:15pm-5pm (limited to 5 people). Sign up here!
- We may need to pack more bags in the near future, if this is something you are interested in helping with please sign up here.
- If you would like to be added to the H2H email list for more constant updates going forward, please email email@example.com indicating that you would like to be added to the email list.
We are the Church. Let's keep being light, hope, and peace to people.